Friday, September 5, 2014

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 4

Day 4: What do you love the most about teaching?

Obviously, I'm in it for the money!

Of course I'm just kidding, I'm in this because I love the challenge and rewards that come with working with students. Every day is new, different, exciting. Seeing the light on a student's face when they finally understand something they have been having problems with; watching a student who had been a "problem" turn it around and achieve success; showing my passion and excitment about learning and education--then seeing that passion infect my students...these are all part of the reasons I love teaching. Every year you get another chance to be the best at what you are doing; every day you can change based on your reflections of its success. 

Teaching is exciting, nerve-racking, frustrating, hilarious, joyful, challenging, and several more adjectives which escape me momentarily...and the reason it is all of these things is because (in my case) I'm working with teenagers who are just beginning to form their own identities; trying new things; experimenting with new ideas; and I get to help them find who they are, decide what they'll be like, show them how to (or not to!) get through their life. A teacher's influence can only be surpassed by parents'. And that is both an immense burden and heart-warming joy; scary and exciting. 

I love my job. 

No comments:

Post a Comment