Friday, September 5, 2014

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 5


Day 5: Post a picture of your classroom and describe what you see--and what you don't see that you'd like to.

So, the above photo is a panaramic picture of my room. I'm standing on a chair at the desk of the para who creates the photo ids for the district (Ms. Thompson). To the left you can see the photo background screen and the desk of my para, who helps me with my students (Mr. Paustian). Scanning across to the left-center of the photo, you can see my desk with my cluttered billboard and University of Michigan banner behind my chair. The door in the center of the photo leads to a storage room where special ed stores their large equipment; there is also a bathroom off of that room. Next is another bathroom (behind the gray filing cabinet); a whiteboard, another filing cabinent and the the (open) door out to the cafeteria. 

What you don't see is many students. This is something that should be changing relatively soon, as more and more students begin to need help. I love my room; especially considering there are three full sized desks taking up 3 of the 4 corners, I think I've done a pretty good job of setting it up in a fashion that creates a good working environment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment