Tuesday, September 23, 2014

30 Day Challenge: Day 12: Changing Teaching

Day 12: How do you see your teaching changing over the next five years?

This is an interesting question. Either I'll be in an entirely different position from Academic Interventionist (social studies) or I'll have 5 years of experience working, shaping, adjusting the new Academic Interventionist position that I currently hold.

Beyond that, the largest change will be the level, type, and integration of technology within the school and classrooms. Considering the iPad is a technology which isn't even five years old yet, but is proliferating and revolutionizing the way education is experienced. If, 5 years ago, you'd have asked someone this, then I very highly doubt they would have responded with "I expect all students in my high school to have their own _____ (iPad, Chromebook, Laptop)."

I guess what I mean is that it's hard to foresee the future and expect any kind of accuracy. The rate at which technology is growing, changing, shifting is unpredictable and forecasting how my teaching might change is less important than understanding that it will change, and I must be flexible enough to roll with the punches.

No comments:

Post a Comment