Wednesday, September 24, 2014

30 Day Challenge: Day 13: Edtech tools.

Day 13: Name the top edtech tools that you use on a consistent basis in the classroom, and rank them in terms of their perceived (by you) effectiveness.

The tool I use the most in my classroom is Google Forms, combined with Google Spreadsheets. This is very effective for keeping a log (for documentation and data purposes) of my student interactions. Each day I work with many students, and once I set up a Google Form, it takes only a matter of seconds to document my work with my students, so that I can justify my position if/when needed.

Additionally, I utilize Twitter in my room to expand my Personal Learning Network (PLN) for additional, personally driven professional development beyond the mandated PD I receive at the school.

In order to keep in contact with my students, I utilize Celly (cel.ly); a program that comes iOS, Android, and is available online at cel.ly. It is an excellent tool which allows you to text students as a group or individually without giving out personal numbers. They simply subscribe to the cell via text message. You can schedule text reminders to go out at certain times, you can field questions from students at your convenience, and all of it is recorded on Celly's servers in case they are ever needed. An AWESOME tool to use!

No comments:

Post a Comment